We provide many resources for our partnership Durham Public Schools: workshops, visits, videos and collaborations!
Technology Fun Days
We host half-day Tech Fun Days for Durham Public School partnership students and/or teachers over at Duke. The topics covered are the following:
Hands-on experimenting with educational technology:
- Stop Motion animation using iStopMotion app
- Green Screen animation using Green Screen by Do Ink app
- Graphic Stories using Comics Head app
- Osmo interactive games & app
- Google Cardboard apps
- Visit to the DiVE (Duke immersive Visual Environment)
Exploration of resources available for use at Duke:
- Sound Studio
- Green Screen Recording Studio
- Green Screens, both fabric and frames available to borrow
- Printing objects with 3D printers
- The Hidden Durham mobile app
We also make videos and animations!
Collaborate on grants!
With the help of the Virtual Reality Learning Experience, during the 2016-2017 academic year, eight high school students in the Game Art & Design concentration at Durham School of the Arts will work with youth participants in GrowingChange to design a virtual reality version of a flipped prison. This will help people visualize abandoned prison’s untapped potential.